The Simple Woman's Daybook - 11 May  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

For Today.....

Outside my window... it is a sunny and warm day. A great day to be out and about doing grocery shopping and some chores which is what Kyle and I will be doing later.

I am thinking... about how many more dentist visits I might be expected to have. My dentist isn't very forthcoming with much information and how much each visit is going to cost me which doesn't make it easy when you are trying to budget the months expenses.

I am thankful for... each new day and the good times along with the challenges that each new day brings us. Ultimately what doesn't break us only happens makes us stronger.

From the kitchen... dinner with be veal steaks along with mashed potatoe, salad and vegetables.

I am wearing... a navy t-shirt, denim capris with crocs on my feet.

I am reading... Divine by Karen Kingsbury. This is such a good book.

I am hoping... that things go okay for us all during the next three months. There is so much uncertainty as to just what the future has in store for us at the moment. I know that everything will have a way of working out for the best but Daryl is feeling very troubled and confused right now and unsure what to do and where to go next.

I am creating... a menu plan for next week. Our grocery budget is being reduced which means our menu plan also needs to be reviewed.

I am praying... that Daryl is able to seek satisfactory answers to all his many questions that he has at the moment. He has an exam to sit at the beginning of June and unfortunately something major always seems to happen just before an exam that ends up playing major head games with his mind so he can't focus on his exam and give it the full attention it needs. I pray Daryl finds the calm and peace that he needs.

Around the house... there are chores that need to be caught up on. The electrician was hopeful that my oven door might finally be able to looked at by the manufacturer and a decision made as to if it is able to be repaired or infact the best option would be to have the whole oven reparied. It will be so nice to have a working oven door again that seals to cook and doesn't fall off in your hands. Be great to be able to cooks things properly instead of cooking the bottoms of food and the top is still only half cooked.

One of my favorite things... is just being able to sit quietly and have some time out for myself to gather my thoughts.

A few plans for the rest of the week... a lot could depend on the weather this week as they are forecasting rain. I would like to check out the farmers market in the city so I know what they stock and if it is worth my while to plan a regularly weekly trip into the city to buy my fruit and vegetables there.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...





To participate or read other daybook entries you can visit with Peggy here.




QUOTE OF THE DAY - Deviate an inch, lose a thousand miles. - Chinese Proverb

This entry was posted on Monday, May 11, 2009 at Monday, May 11, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

We are also facing major decisions in the next few months. I hope you find peace and the answers you need. Thanks for sharing your daybook with us.

~Susan

May 12, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment