The Simple Woman's Daybook - May 25  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

For Today...

Outside my window... there are blue skies to the left and grey overcast looking clouds on the right. One of those days when the weather isn't quite sure what it really wants to be doing.

I am thinking... about if the weather is going to be okay to catch the bus into the city later to return some library books that are due back today.

I am thankful for... Daryl being able to time to spend studying for his exam in two weeks time. It is really important that he passes this exam.

From the kitchen... dinner tonight will be veal steaks with mashed potatoes and vegetables with ice cream for dessert.

I am wearing... jeans with a taupe and white striped long sleeve top and brown hooded jersey and socks and slippers.

I am reading... Yuletide Treasure by Lauraine Snelling and Jillian Hart

I am hoping... to be able to find some more Karen Kingsbury books to read. I try and borrow all the books that I can from the library to read but it is unfortunate when they have a series of five books and one book for the series is no longer available at the library. Two of the Karen Kingsbury series the library stocks have one book each missing. I like to try and read books in order one after the other especially when different books although not necessarily in the same series often have the same characters.

I am creating... a letter to my penpal in America. Thinking about what little goodies I might be able to include in my envelope.

I am praying... that the ideal job for Daryl presents itself before too long. After an interview with an employment agency they weren't too positive about being able to offer anything and with the recession it is taking alot longer to try and place people in jobs.

Around the house... my oven has still not been fixed. I miss not having a working oven.

One of my favorite things... a surprise snail mail letter from a friend arriving in the mail box.

A few plans for the rest of the week... haircuts for everyone, clothes shopping, a trip to the library and some chores to catch up on.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

This was the view that greeted up from our front door last Wednesday morning with all the heavy rain we had been having.

If you would like to participate or read other daybook entries then please visit with Peggy.






QUOTE OF THE DAY - One who understands much displays a greater simplicity of character than one who understands little. - Alexander Chase

This entry was posted on Monday, May 25, 2009 at Monday, May 25, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Thanks for coming by my blog! I have read a lot of Karen Kingsbury books and really enjoy them. That's frustrating that your library is misisng one from each set. I hope you can find the books!

May 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Oh no! Rain, rain go away! Thanks for sharing your daybook, I enjoyed reading it.

June 2, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment