The Simple Woman's Daybook - 4 May  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

For Today.....

Outside my window... it has been another very pleasant day. Is a long weekend here to celebrate May day and the weather has been wonderful even though the temperatures are starting to drop now as it turns cooler.

I am thinking... it is amazing that another month has passed on by with what seems like the blink of an eye. I am sure that this month will pass by just as quickly.

I am thankful for... the 20% book sale that Koorong have just had as I splurged and bought a couple of books that have been on my wish list for some time. I am not likely to get any Mothers Day presents so I have spoiled myself by buying a couple of books instead. I don't usually buy many books as I try and borrow all the books I can from the library.

From the kitchen... we had chicken that was cooked in the slow cooker along with roast potatoes and vegetables.

I am wearing... a navy t-shirt, jeans and socks. I am feeling the cold with not being very well at the moment.

I am reading... Wheatless Cooking by Lynette Coffey and Eggs in Purgatory by Laura Childs.

I am hoping... that they keep the home owners grant and we will be able to find a house we can afford to buy in our price range. Seems to be asking the impossible right now but I am sure that something will present it self sooner or later. Just got to bide our time and be patient.

I am creating... a list of craft activities that I will be able to make for Kyle. He has just turned 4 and never been one to colour in or scribble and isn't one to play with blocks or lego.

I am praying... that Zachary will be able to make his dreams come true and follow through on his passion which is a career in drama. He desperately wants to attend a stunt course but at the price tag of $4600.00 for a 3 week course it is some what out of his reach at the present time. He is determined that he will be doing the course though and with his enthusiasm and drive I am quite sure that he will be able to turn his goal into a reality. He was just saying earlier that he has his career goals for the future all sorted out.

Around the house... it needs a good tidy up as with no feeling well I simply don't have the energy to do much but the basics at the moment.

One of my favorite things... a nice warm blanket to be able to snuggle under and keep warm when I am not feeling well.

A few plans for the rest of the week... a visit to the library to pick up a library book that has been reserved, a follow up dentist appointment, monthly Aspergers meeting and the usual grocery shopping.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




To participate or read other daybook entries you can visit with Peggy here.




QUOTE OF THE DAY - Memories are like gems, tuck them away in the treasure chest of your mind. Never let them go. - ANONYMOUS

This entry was posted on Monday, May 4, 2009 at Monday, May 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I can't believe it's May already either...
Thank you for sharing your day - a lovley post.

I love your picture thought,lol.
ciao,
Elena :)

May 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment