Tasty Tuesday - Russian Fudge  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

I am going to have to do a bit of a cheat this week and use a photo for this recipe that I have downloaded online. I am not usually one to have much of a sweet tooth but with not feeling well I have been craving something sweet to eat. Russian fudge has always been a favourite of mine and I have never actually attempted to make it myself before although I used to make quite a bit of chocolate fudge but will definitely be making some of this russian fudge when I start to feel a little better. Here is a russian fudge recipe as featured on the chelsea sugar website.

Russian Fudge

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups Chelsea White Sugar
125 g butter
3 tablespoons Chelsea Golden Syrup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
200 g sweetened condensed milk (half a standard tin)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence

Method

Place all the ingredients except the vanilla, into a medium-heavy saucepan. Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 15 — 20 minutes, until it reaches the soft ball stage (120°C).

Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Beat (I use an electric mixer) until the fudge is creamy and thick and has lost its gloss. Pour into a greased 20 cm cake pan. Score the top and break into pieces when cold.

Makes: 36 pieces

Special thanks to Jo Seagar for use of the Best Ever recipe.

If only I had someone to make some of this for me now. Guess I will just have to be patient for a few days longer and make some myself.

To particpate or check out other great recipes and tips then visit with Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.


QUOTE OF THE DAY - You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. - Michael Jordan

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at Tuesday, May 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

This looks so yummy. I hope you are feeling better. A lot is going around....at our home as well. :) Thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday.

May 6, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment