The Simple Woman's Daybook - 1 June  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


For Today...

Outside my window...
to the right the sun is trying its very best to break through the clouds and shine and to the left it is looking rather ominous with dark clouds that look like they are going to try their best to rain.

I am thinking... about what baking Kyle and I will be able to do together as he is always bringing out his little chair and putting it against the end of the kitchen bench to reach up and want to use the cake mixer.

I am thankful for... being able to avoid some of the many flu bugs that people seem to be struggling with at the moment. Daryl is due to fly overseas on Sunday and do hope that he doesn't pick up any bugs during his travels. Not much you can do about avoiding bugs when you are on board an aeroplane with others coughing all around you.

From the kitchen... I have a chicken cooking in the slow cooker and I will roast some vegetables to go with it along with some green beans.

I am wearing... a blue t-shirt, black polar fleece jacket, jeans and sock and slippers. Now that we are into the month of June, winter has officially begun.

I am reading... Family by Karen Kingsbury. I have been really enjoying reading this series. I hope that I am able to find some more of her books to read that the library doesn't have in their catalog. In two of the five book series the library is missing one of the books. Most disappointing.

I am hoping... that we manage to avoid any major flu bugs this winter. Hard to avoid though when you use public transport on a regular basis and you are surounded by people that cough and sneeze all over you.

I am creating...the menu plan for next week while Daryl is away. Time to be able to try some new recipes and eat things that Daryl isn't usually too keen to eat.

I am praying... that Daryl is getting done all the study that is required to ensure that he passes his exam next Tuesday. He knows that he will pass the oral part of the exam just fine it is getting his thoughts into words that he really struggles with.

Around the house... the washing piled up a little with all the rain we are having and not being able to get it dry. Consequently there is also ironing that needs to be done and have been busy working on keeping it all under control.

One of my favorite things... having a library book from my reserve list become available for me to read.

A few plans for the rest of the week... shopping at the Farmers Market, chores, visiting the library and grocery shopping.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...




If you would like to participate or read other daybook entries then please visit with Peggy at The Simple Womans Daybook

Have a blessed week everyone.





QUOTE OF THE DAY - "Know, first, who you are; and then adorn yourself accordingly." - Epictetus

This entry was posted on Monday, June 1, 2009 at Monday, June 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment