A - Z of Home Making  

Posted by domestic.blizz

This questionnaire was posted on a yahoo group I am a member of so thought I would also post my completed questionnaire here. Always interesting to have to look back on and see how your answers change over time.



Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Yes. I have two purple ones. I don't tend to wear them quite as often as I should at times though.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
I have never been a whiz at baking but lately have been experimenting and making some biscuits, slices, chocolate cake and muffins.

Clothesline – Y/N?
Yes. I very rarely use a dryer.

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
No. I am not a big donut eater.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day.
Dishes.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No, but I would like to have a freezer as we only have a very small fridge/freezer and is rather limiting as to what we can but that will fit in the freezer.


Garbage disposal- Y/N-
No.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The internet. It is great the resources and helpful advice that you are able to find online. Great to be able to download resources like pages to create your own daily planner.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Hate it but love the finished results. Nothing quite like being up to date with all the washing and ironing although that very rarely happens in our house.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
No. However my desk seems to become the preferred dumping spot for everyone.


Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Beige. We are renting and not allowed to hang anything on walls or decorate. All the rooms of the house are painted beige.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Creating a warm and inviting home where everyone is able to relax and have a good time.

Mop – Y/N?
Yes. The majority of the house is carpet except for the kitchen, toilet and bathroom which are tiles and need to be cleaned regularly.


Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I don't wear nylons but have previously washed them both ways.


Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
A combination of both really. The oven is past its best and is the process of being repaired at the moment. I have been told that the oven is past is use by date but just to make do as best as I can for now. There is no oven light and the temperature is not true to temperature so I was told by the manufacturer so he said I will just have to play around with temperatures and warm my oven for longer before using, hotter temperatures than normally required and to move the cooking around in the oven on different shelf heights to ensure that it cooks properly.


Pizza – What do you put on yours?
I am not all that adventurous when it comes to pizza and mainly like hawaiian pizza with plenty of ham, pineapple and cheese.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Check my e-mails or read.

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I am in the process of making a recipe card box. In the mean time I have my recipes stored under different folders according to type on my computer.

Style of house – What style is your house?
Single storey, three bedroom, brick home.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Yes tablecloth, no napkins.


Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized.


Vacuum – How many times per week?
Just depends as some weeks it needs a vacuum every day and other weeks if we aren't home that much it can be a day or two between vacuuming.


Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
A minimum of 12 washes usually. I have a bed wetter and also toilet training at the moment so that can create regularly washing and lots of it some days. I often average 3 loads a day.


X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Not regularly although I have been thinking of doing this more. Just downloaded a TO DO list from the internet which is going to be ideal for this.


Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Yes. If I didn't do some weeding it simply wouldn't get done. Daryl is responsible for mowing the lawns though. I love a freshly mowed lawn and weeded gardens. I don't do as much weeding as often as I would like though as I break out in a terrible itchy rash from grass.


Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I like to have a clean and clear bench. Don't like walking into the kitchen to a bench covered in dirty dishes.



QUOTE OF THE DAY - The fact is, that to do anything in the world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in and scramble through as well as we can. - Robert Cushing

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 2, 2009 at Thursday, July 02, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment