The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 14 September  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

For Today...

Outside my window... it looks like it should be another warm, fine day today but the mornings have been a little slow to warm up lately. They are predicting the temperatures to be up around 34C next week which will be ideal school holiday weather for all the students to be out and about.

I am thinking... about how long it might be before we are able to have any income again. The job market isn't looking very hopeful at all.

I am thankful for... the food we have to eat each day. I may not be the best of cooks and have a natural talent when it comes to cooking but at least we always have food to eat when there are so many in the world that struggle to have anything to eat every day.

From the kitchen... I am concerned about what I can tempt Kyle with to eat. He simply isn't worried about eating at all and gets by on very little with no variety. He doesn't want to eat the evening meal at all and has taken to dumping the plate complete with contents on the floor so he can be sure not to eat it.

I am wearing... a navy t-shirt and 3/4 denim capris.

I am reading... Healing Touch For Children by Mary Atkinson. A very interesting book with lots of step by step photos. I am keen to learn more about reflexology.

I am hoping... that Daryl gets to see the movie Adam this week as it finishes in the movie theatres on Wednesday. It is a great movie and gives people an insight into Aspergers Syndrome.

I am creating... a couple of scrapboking challenges I am participating in and need to upload to the forum.

I am praying... that we are able to get all the support Kyle needs to give his the best start for his school life.

Around the house... my ironing continues to build up with a working ironing board to use. I am hoping that one might turn up for us this week. The cheapest ironing board our local hardware store sells is $125.00 and that simply isn't in our budget right now. Our last two ironing boards have only lasted 12 months each before the weld has broken on it which apparently is a known fault on these ironing board.

One of my favourite things... Zac telling me how pleased and lucky he is to have us as his parents.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Today Kyle has an interview at SEDU to see if we can get him a placement from next term. Everyone is in agreeance that this is definitely what he needs but a matter of being able to get it all officially approved. Will probably be home for the rest of the week as no doubt Daryl will be out and about most days.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


What it is with boys and dirt? Kyle is all boy when it comes to playing in the dirt and getting covered from head to toe.

Peggy of TheSimpleWoman'sDaybook is the host for this meme so if you would like to participate or read other daybook entries then please visit her site.

QUOTE OF THE DAY - “Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”
—Mark Victor Hansen

This entry was posted on Monday, September 14, 2009 at Monday, September 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment