The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 5 October  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


For Today...


Outside my window... it is overcast and starting to turn a little cool. Seem to be having a bit of a cooler week weather wise this week after the warmer temperatures we have become used to.

I am thinking... about how many weeks there are left between now and Christmas and how far the money needs to stretch to meet all our expenses.

I am thankful for... each new day and the opportunities that it presents. This year is just whizzing by so fast. Kyle is due to start school next year and I am enjoying every moment of his remaining time at home.

From the kitchen... I an on the search for a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Does anyone have one to share?

I am wearing... a blue embroidered top and denim capris.

I am reading... Daddy's Little Matchmaker by Roz Denny Fox.

I am remembering... Kyle's younger days as I look through some of his photos in his photo album with him.

I am hoping... to come up with some ideas to make some Christmas cards. Fast running out of time to get creative.

I am creating... a clutter free desk. Things seem to be piling up on it and I need to get it cleaned off. Can't think creative thoughts while being surrounded by clutter.

On my mind... Zac only have 5 more weeks off school before they break for the summer school holidays. Wondering where Zac might be able to apply to put his name down for a part time job.

Noticing that... the grass has dried up and turned brown. Won't need to worry about having to mow the lawn for a while. if we are in for another long, dry summer.

Pondering these words... Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. - John Wooden

Around the house... there is Thomas the Tank Engine train set sprawled all over the lounge floor. Kyle loves nothing better than tipping over last piece out on to the floor before he can start playing with it.

One of my favourite things... a clean and tidy kitchen bench to greet me each morning.

From my picture journal...

Zac loves his wrestling and was beside himself with excitement to receive the complete Summerslam Anthology for his birthday.

Peggy of TheSimpleWoman'sDaybook is the host for this meme so if you would like to participate or read other daybook entries then please visit her site.


QUOTE OF THE DAY - A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. - Sir Winston Churchill.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 5, 2009 at Monday, October 05, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment