The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 9 March  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

For Today...

Outside my window... the sky has been rather overcast and drizzling on and off with rain. Been quite nice having some cooler weather for a couple of days. Makes one start thinking about dusting off ones jeans ready for when winter rolls around.

I am thinking... that I really can't put off having to visit the dentist any longer. I am now getting regular toothache which is starting to also ache into my ear. Not good.

From the learning rooms... more new library books about green cleaners just waiting to be read.

I am thankful for... being able to fix out why Firefox wouldn't work properly after it had done an automatic update. It would appear that Google Toolbar was creating a conflict so I have uninstalled Google Task bar and now everything is working just fine again. Woo hoo. Nothing worse than wanting to get online to blog only to find that browser pages won't load and you can't get online to access any websites.

From the kitchen... no cooking in my oven at the moment as the top element no longer works. Electrician is due to check it out Wednesday morning.

I am wearing... beige, red and white patterned top and brick red 3/4 pants.

I am reading... Rex by Cathleen Lewis. It is a story about a mother, her autistic child and the music that transformed their lives.

I am hoping... that Daryl is able to recover from his flu bugs quickly and doesn't pass them on to us.

I am creating... a list of house hold items that we could do with as and when when are able to save the cash for them. Top of the list is a new fridge/freezer.

I am hearing... the microwave buzzing as it does its thing.

Around the house... Kyle loves to leave his mark in every room. There is always a toy, book or something laying around to know that Kyle has been there.

One of my favorite things... playing blocks with Kyle. He gets hours of enjoyment with his wooden blocks although he isn't too keen building with them he is more inter transferring them backwards and forwards between two dump trucks and a bucket.

A few plans for the rest of the week... electrician visiting to check the stove tomorrow morning as the top element no longer works, hospital appointment for Kyle Thursday, monthly Aspergers support group meeting Friday morning and might get haircuts Saturday morning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


This is how I found Kyle earlier. He had swept the toys and games that were sitting on top of the draws onto the floor and was sound asleep on top of these drawers. Kyle seems to like to fall asleep anywhere but his bed and strange thing is that he is NEVER one to have a day time sleep. He had given that away by the time he turned two years old. Do excuse the messy room. Just in the process of sorting through everything in his room and deciding which things he has outgrown to give away and the remaining items I need to buy some plastic containers to store in his wardrobe.

If you would like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook then be sure to check out Peggy's site here.



QUOTE OF THE DAY - Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life. Leo Buscaglia




This entry was posted on Monday, March 9, 2009 at Monday, March 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

That is such a great photo. Too precious! I really appreciate your scripture. Eye has not seen ear has not heard and neither has it entered into the heart those things which God has prepared...

March 11, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The corner punch I used is made by Fiskgars and I bought it at Joanns Fabric shop. Its a popular brand here, I don't know where you get your paper products but we sure can spend a lot of time in those stores. The free bird pattern I got on line at www.papercrafts.mag which is Paper Craft Magazines web site and they have a lot of free patters to pick from: www.papercratsmag.com/downloads if this doesn't work for you, let me know and maybe I can just email you the pattern. Thanks Again..God Bless

March 12, 2009 at 7:13 AM

He is so cute! Kids will sleep anywhere, won't they? hehe. Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs,
Sheri~~Bee blessed~~

March 13, 2009 at 5:47 AM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment