The Simple Woman's Daybook  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


FOR TODAY... 2 March 2009

Outside my window... the sun is shining brightly and the birds are happily chirping away to one another. After having been used to some cooler temperatures the weather has really warmed up again and it is very humid.

I am thinking... that it is amazing to think that two months of the year have already passed by.

I am thankful for... online shopping. We don't own a car so the weekly shopping always becomes a mission having to catch a bus home with our groceries. Yesterday afternoon when we got off at the bus stop to walk home the wheels on our shopping trundler snapped off so it was a a struggle to get our groceries home. Recently online grocery ordering has become available so I might just have to try it out and see if it will work for us even though nothing quite beats being able to select your our fruit, vegetables and meat.

From the learning rooms... Zac was very excited to be accepted into studying a week of drama at school this week resulting in a concert they will put on at the conclusion on Friday night. He is very grateful for every drama opportunity that comes his way to help him pursue his love of drama as his career option.

From the kitchen... dinner tonight will be chicken and vegetables cooked in the crockpot.

I am wearing... a navy t-shirt and denim shorts.

I am creating... a card binder full of cards so that I can have handmade cards always on hand for any occasion. There is a new blog about to start featuring a card a day of challenges, card sketch ideas etc so I aim to participate and work towards building my card collection.

I am reading... The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. A great read and one I would recommend everyone should read.

I am hoping... that everyone has a great week and is able to achieve everything they have on their TO DO list.

I am hearing... the washing machine going through its cycle.

Around the house... all is quiet as Kyle sleeps in. Not fun waking me up at 4.00am this morning and then taking some time to fall back to sleep again. Just waiting for the washing machine to finish its current load and then will head outside to hang the washing on the line.

One of my favorite things... a good nights sleep where you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face another new day

A few plans for the rest of the week: return some library books, grocery shopping and take Kyle to a meet a children's author and attend a book reading she will hold at the library

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I walked into the kitchen to find Kyle playing with these silicone moulds. He must be hinting that it is time to bake some cupcakes or muffins.


Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybook entries.




QUOTE OF THE DAY - An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight...The truly wise person is color-blind.—Albert Schweitzer

This entry was posted on Monday, March 2, 2009 at Monday, March 02, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Hi, yes, you can leave a comment!! Happy Monday!

March 2, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I have also just started making our own cards. It is very relaxing to me. Starting in April I will be going to a ladies house that sells stamping supplies and we will work on cards for the evening. I am so excited about it. Have a great week.

March 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Online grocery shopping is so wonderful. They don't always get everything right, but it has made such a difference to me. I love it.

March 3, 2009 at 12:54 AM

alas- I will have to go to the store as the on-line does not offer service in our town- you have a great blog- hugs from Meme who is on the right day at last-

March 3, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Anonymous  

Hi Honey

Just checking if this post thing is working!

xxxoooxxx

March 4, 2009 at 10:24 PM

They make individual cupcake molds? Can they be used for muffins? I suppose these replace the old paper ones? Hmmmm....

March 5, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment