The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ June 22  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


For Today...

Outside my window...
it is a bleak looking rainy day and the temperatures are a little on the cool side.

I am thinking... it is quite amazing to think that after the english exam Zac sits at school today he has a months holiday. We certainly didn't get half as many holidays when I was going to school as they get these days. Zac loves it and he is always great company to have around.

I am thankful for... a sunny day after several days of constant rain so that I am able to catch up on washing and have it get dry on the clothesline when I hang it out.

From the kitchen... I have a lamb roast cooking in the slow cooker and will roast some veges in the oven later to go with it.

I am wearing... a striped long sleeve top, black polar fleece jacket, jeans and sock and slippers. Will pretty much be mainly what I wear this winter.

I am reading... For One More Day by Mitch Albom.

I am hoping... that Zac is able to find a part time job during the month that he has off school. He is really keen to be able to start earning some money.

I am creating... some cards and scrapbooking layouts. I hope to be able to complete a few online challenges this month.

I am praying... that Daryl is able to complete his qualifications and this will enable him to find his dream job.

Around the house... the repair man for my oven has just been to check it out. It would appear the oven being over 20 years old is well past its best and should really be retired permanently. It will cost quite a few dollars to fix. It really needs replacing. Apparently two hinges for the door alone a likely to be several hundred dollars and he said that the thermostat isn't likely to be working properly and one or two other things. I guess I wait a week now and then wait to see what happens next.

One of my favorite things... reading books to Kyle every night before bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week...haircuts for everyone, a trip into the city to do some chores, library books to return, winter clothes for Zachary to buy and so the list goes.....

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Kyle is never happier than when he is sorting and transferring things from one container to another and back again. He can quite happily spend hours doing this. Here he is about to pack up after sorting his money from one container to another.

Peggy of TheSimpleWoman'sDaybook has taken a break for the summer hosting The Daybook and it is now being hosted at GrandmotherWren so please visit to participate or read other daybook entries.





QUOTE OF THE DAY - We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. - ANONYMOUS


This entry was posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 at Monday, June 22, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
Please keep coming back –
And invite your friends -
I look forward to seeing you!

June 29, 2009 at 6:19 AM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment