The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 20 July  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


For Today...

Outside my window...
it has been another lovely fine day. Should be great weather for Zac's school camp this week.

I am thinking... about joining an online postcard swap. I always enjoy swapping postcards as I get to see glimpses of someone elses part of the world and love to be able to add new postcards to my collection.

I am thankful for... for the lovely spring type weather we have been experiencing lately. It is great considering that it is winter time here right now.

From the kitchen... for dinner tonight we had pork chops and apple sauce with mashed potatoes, mixed veges and salad.

I am wearing... a jade green and white striped long sleeved top, with jean and socks and crocs.

I am reading... I have just finished reading My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult and about to start reading Become A Better You by Joel Osteen.

I am hoping... to be able to go and see the movie My Sisters Keeper now that I have finished reading the book. Is currently a popular book to be read at the library and was #26 on the list when I reserved the book.

I am creating... a scrapbooking wish list of all the wonderful scrapbooking supplies that I would love to buy if only I had the money.

I am praying... that all goes well for Zac when he heads off for his school camp tomorrow. He has been stressing out about how it is all going to go and says that he can't wait until Friday afternoon when he will be home again and camp will be all over.

Around the house...the repairman is due to repair the hinges on our oven door tomorrow. Need to clean out under Zachary's bed while he is away. It tends to become a bit of a dumping ground for him.

One of my favorite things... hugs and kisses from my favourite 3 males.

A few plans for the rest of the week... have to take Kyle to the hospital for a check up appointment with the dietitian. Not too much else organised. Always plenty of chores to keep me busy around the house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Here are Daryl and Kyle studying the Big W and Target Christmas Toy Sale catalogues. Kyle loves nothing more than looking through these catalogues carefully studying each page over and over.

Peggy of TheSimpleWoman'sDaybook has taken a break for the summer hosting The Daybook and it is now being hosted at GrandmotherWren so please visit to participate or read other daybook entries.



QUOTE OF THE DAY -
Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” - James Thurber

This entry was posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 at Monday, July 20, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

What a lovely site. I had a working Mom growing up and housekeeping was just another chore. My mother-in-law was the first person to show me that housekeeping can be more than that - it can be making wonderful place for your family and a way of showing your love for them. Thanks for reminding me of that precious lesson.

July 26, 2009 at 11:23 PM
Anonymous  

Hello, Barbara has passed the torch. Monday Musings are now hosted on Escape Hatch.

I hope to see you stop in from time to time.

July 28, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment