The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 13 July  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


For Today...

Outside my window...
it has been a lovely summery day. Great to get a sunny warm day every now and again being that it is winter time right now.

I am thinking... about how to tweak out budget yet again.

I am thankful for... being able to buy fresh fruit and vegetables from the Farmers Market. Trying to encourage my two sons to eat more fruit and vegetables as they are both rather picky eaters.

From the kitchen... I am still trying to finalise our Menu Plan for the week. Have to change some meals around as I was not able to buy all the supplies I needed from the supermarket.

I am wearing... a lilac short sleeved top. knee length denim shorts and crocs.

I am reading... Return to Emmett's Mill by Kimberly Van Meter

I am hoping... to work on going through the toys in Kyle's room and giving some of them away as we just don't have the room to keep storing them all.

I am creating... some back up discs of my latest digital photos.

I am praying... that all goes well for Zac when he starts back at school tomorrow after having had a months holiday.

Around the house... the repairman has still not returned to replace the hinges on our oven door. I am now on the lookout for a 3 litre or 3.5 litre slow cooker to be on special as much as I like my bigger 5.5 litre slow cooker for cooking things like a chicken it is often a little big for cooking other meals. This cooler weather is an ideal time for giving the slow cooker a good work out.

One of my favorite things... a surprise e-mail in my inbox from a friend to say hello.

A few plans for the rest of the week... have to take Kyle to the hospital for another check up appointment.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



Zac lives and breathes for his wrestling. He is always talking about it and finding out all he can about it on the internet. He was so excited to have the chance to meet two of the RAW wrestling guys when they made a guest appearance. While queuing to get their autographs they had some trivia question competitions with prize giveaways and Zac was thrilled to win a copy of Wrestlemania 25 which he got them to autograph for him.

Peggy of TheSimpleWoman'sDaybook has taken a break for the summer hosting The Daybook and it is now being hosted at GrandmotherWren so please visit to participate or read other daybook entries.



QUOTE OF THE DAY - We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. -
Jawaharial Nehru

This entry was posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 at Monday, July 13, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I love using my slow cooker during hot days to avoid heating the kitchen, but yes it does come into its own during cooler days. Walking in and smelling dinner is such a nice thing :)

July 13, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I see that RAW show on TV sometimes. I am nowhere near as adventurous as your son though. I turn it off as quickly as I can. YUCK! I never thought of using the slow cooker in the summer. What a great idea.

July 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I can't figure out whether you got the last comment or not. I think I forgot the special word part...not enough coffee yet. Anyway...if you didn't get it here is the name of the book I am reading:
Simple Gifts Lessons in Living from a Shaker Village by June Sprigg

July 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Post a Comment

Post a Comment