Happy Homemaker Monday - August 2  

Posted by domestic.blizz in

The weather in my neck of the woods:
The weather has been a real mixture lately. The weekend was lovely warm weather which was ideal t-shirt and jeans weather. After been used to a couple of warm days today it was a rather cold wind blowing this morning and bending all the branches over on the trees as Kyle and I walked to school.

Things that make me happy:
Seeing Kyle happy and excited to tell me all about what he has done while at school during the day.

Book I'm reading:
Currently 3/4 through reading The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews. This is the first book that I have read by this author and has been a great read and I intend reading more books by Andy when I am able to find them.

What I'm enjoying on TV:
I very rarely watch tv. I just saw an ad in a magazine to say that a new season of The Farmer Wants a Wife has just started on Wednesday nights so I might just have to go online to watch episode 1 that I missed and then start watching this show on Wednesday nights.

On the menu for dinner:
Apricot chicken with mashed potato and vegetables.

On my To Do List:
3 loads of washing
Ironing
Finish my library book

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Have added this Mince and Potato Hotpot recipe to my menu list to try just as soon as I buy a tin of mushrooms.

In the craft basket:
I am gathering some ideas of cards and papercrafts that I would like to create.

Looking forward to this week:
On Wednesday night I am going with a group of woman to listen to Sue Dengate talk about the Failsafe way of eating. Living with three males that are all on the Autistic Spectrum I am always keen to learn more about diet and healthy eating free of all the nasty colours, additives etc...

Tips and Tricks:
I came across this hint on a website which I have saved as I never know when it might be useful. Both my OH and son have dropped their mobile phones in water in the past.

Waterlogged Cell Phones

How many people have ever dropped their cell phone in water
and figured it was finished? This is what I did the other day.
My son, who is an auto mechanic, said to wrap it in mesh (like
hose) and bury it in rice. It worked! The phone is now 100%
working.


My favorite blog post this week:
After reading this blog post about the book In A Heartbeat: Sharing The Power Of Cheerful Giving I am now keen to find a copy of this book to read and then watch the movie The Blind Side.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Just came across the blog of mommy to two boys and I intend to visit regularly. Great to come across another mom on the autistic spectrum that I can so relate to the everyday things that she experiences.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:
You can't rush things. No matter how keen you might be for something to happen there are times when you can't afford to be impatient. Everything happens for a reason, even if you can't understand why it may be so at the time.

On my mind:
Just been looking at houses for sale in our area and wondering if and when we will be able to buy a home of our own and not have to be paying off someone elses mortgage every week.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

This entry was posted on Monday, August 2, 2010 at Monday, August 02, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment