Happy Homemaker Monday - August 9  

Posted by domestic.blizz in


The weather in my neck of the woods:

It is a rather gloomy kind of morning weather wise. We have already had a brief shower of rain and it looks like it would like to rain further but it might just blow over. If it is going to rain it often just rains during school pick ups and drop offs and then is fine the rest of the time.

Things that make me happy:

Having an empty ironing basket.

Book I am reading:

A Summer In Sonoma - Robyn Carr. A great book that I would recommend. Robyn does not disappoint.

What I'm enjoying on tv:


On the menu for dinner:

Crumbed chicken breasts with mashed potatoes, mixed veges and a salad.

On my To Do List:

Declutter Kyle's bedroom. He has got some new storage for his toys so need to rearrange things in his room and go through his toys and see if there are any he no longer needs.

Washing, washing, washing. It seems to be never ending.

Collect up the library books that are due to be returned this week.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

I look forward to trying out this recipe for Apricot and Sour Cream Slice.

In the craft basket:

I have a pattern for some crochet that I would like to attempt. Now I have to find the right colours to work with before I can get started. It has been a while since I have attempted any crochet.

Looking forward to this week:

The boys have Wednesday and Thursday off school this week as it is a public holiday on Wednesday for Ekka show day and Thursday is a student free day at school.

Friday morning I have our monthly Aspergers support group meeting and this month we are meeting at the local Coffee Club.

Sunday we have been given free tickets to see Circus Quirkus. We are members of Asperger Services Australia and they very kindly supplied us with free tickets which were donated to them by a sponsor of the show Closeburn Rural Fire Brigade. Circus Quirkus tours Australia and New Zealand offering circus style entertainment to Special Needs Children.

Tips and Tricks:

Cloudy or dull glassware will come out of your dishwasher crystal clear and sparkling if you add approximately one tablespoon of Epsom salts to your next wash cycle.

My favourite blog post this week:

I love this idea of making gift bags out of envelopes. Nothing quite like being able to make your own personalised gift bag.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

Frills In The Hills is a great blog covering a variety of topics such as recipes, parenting, domesisticity, frugality, gardening and season savvy. I love her tips and have quite a few of her recipes that I am keen to try.

No words needed (favourite photo or picture yours or others you want to share):


Lesson learned the past few days:

Never plan on your schedule working out 100% as you have planned as something unexpected can and will happen to end up cancelling or having to postpone your original plans.

On my mind:

Parent teacher interviews at oldest sons school next week.

Devotionals, Scripture Reeading, Key Verses:

"Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord!Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter."

Matthew 7:21, NLT

This entry was posted on Monday, August 9, 2010 at Monday, August 09, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment