Happy Homemaker Monday - September 6  

Posted by domestic.blizz

The weather in my neck of the woods...


rain, rain and more rain. After the warm and sunny days we have been getting it has decided to have a cool and wet few days. Rained steadily yesterday and looks to carry on today. Feel for those people in Christchuch, New Zealand, Victoria, Australia and in America who are all having some kind of storm issues to deal with.

Things that make me happy...

knowing that we have the money to pay our car registration bill that we just got in the mail. It isn't cheap at $630.45 odd for a 12 month registration. Certainly can't afford to be late paying otherwise they add a late payment free of $49.50.

Book I am reading.....

Talk Before Sleep by Elizabeth Berg.

What's on my tv today...

News of all the storm damage from the different places around the world.

On the menu for dinner...

Slow Cooker lamb shanks, roast vegetables and peas and corn.

On my TO DO list...

Rearrange the furniture in our lounge

Do some online research for a birthday present for Zac's upcoming birthday

New recipe I tried or want to try soon.....

Bread Machine Honey Oat Bread - I don't have a space on my limited kitchen bench space to keep my bread machine out to use regularly so haven't made any bread in a while. About time I dusted the cobwebs off and made a loaf and this recipe looks like it should work out well.

In my craft basket...

it is looking rather lonesome as I haven't had any time for crafting lately. Had flu bugs I was trying my best to fight off last week and didn't have the energy required to attempt any craft.

Looking forward to this week...

gave away on freecycle a futon sofa bed so I could free up some much needed space in our lounge area to rearrange things and make the area more spacious and clutter free. Need to go shopping to find the ideal computer desk so can move the desktop computer from the end of the dining table to a desk of its very own.

School Carnival to attend on Sunday. Always like to look through the second hand books and see what is on offer and how many might find there way home with me.

Tips and Tricks...

Removing Stubbon Stains - To save money on expensive stain removers, a cup of salt or sugar added to the wash removes oily or buttery stains from clothes or tablecloths. It is best if you can sprinkle some of it straight on the stains. Even old stains which have been washed several times already come out! Give it a try. It is a very cheap and effective remedy. - Helen Muscat

My favourite blog post this week..

A Blog Her post about the ipad and its uses for learning for children with autism. My youngest is 5 and in prep this year. He loves to use the computer and I think that he would really take to being able to extend his learning using educational learning apps on the ipad. He loves using his daddy's ipod touch and has asked daddy for one of his own. After reading this article daddy downloaded a trial version of one of the apps mentioned in the blog post to his ipod touch and Kyle loved using it and was instantly engrossed. An ipad is at the top of my wish list. My partner and both sons are all on the autism spectrum and computers and all modern aids like the ipod touch get a great workout in our household and prove to be great value for money.

Blop Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers)...

I seem to be one of the few that don't own an Apple iphone or ipod touch or equivalent even though both my partner and eldest son both own ipod touches and a day doesn't go by that they don't give them a good work out and would be totally lost should anything happen to them. However with considering purchasing an ipad I came across a link to Moms With Apps which looks to be a great site. Will definitely be bookmarking this site for future reference.

No words needed (favourite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share)...




Lesson learned the past few days...

That when you are hit hard by the flu bugs do rest up at the start and don't try and keep going and push yourself to do your usual workload if you don't have the stamina as utlimately it will take you longer to fully recover.

On my mind...

My oldest son having school hassles. Roll on the school holidays in a couple of weeks.

Devotionals, scripture readings, key verses...

The Spirit of God has made me: the breath of the Almighty gives me life. - JOB 33:4 NIV




If you would like to participate in Happy Homemaker Monday then visit the host Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

This entry was posted on Monday, September 6, 2010 at Monday, September 06, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment